The Virginia-Maryland Triathlon Series team is excited to share exciting news of major changes to the SavageMan Triathlon Festival weekend. As SavageMan enters its 12th year the existing slate of races and their courses are getting a bit stale and dated, as indicated by both dwindling participation numbers as well as general buzz and excitement around the weekend. So it’s time to embrace change and inject some new excitement into the weekend!
Whether you’ve never been to SavageMan before or you have your name on bricks in the Westernport Wall and want a reason to come back, we have changes in store that are sure to appeal to everyone, particularly:
- An entirely new race with a unique race format – the SavageMan 20/20 double sprint triathlon
- An all new SavageMan 30 moved to Sunday and with an amazing new bike course
- The legendary SavageMan 70 becomes the SavageMan 60
- A new run loop for the Sunday 30 and 60 races – including the legendary Fire Tower Rd.
- The SavageMan 100 is back – get the most out of the weekend with the SavageMan 20/20 on Saturday and the SavageMan 60 on Sunday
- The new SavageMan 50 option – want to keep to short stuff but take advantage of the entire weekend and race on both days? Now you can race the SavageMan 20 on Saturday and the SavageMan 30 on Sunday
- SavageMan 100.0 Overall Prize Money: 1st – $500, 2nd – $400, 3rd – $300 (M/F)
SavageMan 20: A sprint triathlon with a short 500 meter swim, 16 mile flat bike, and 5k flat run. Similar to the existing SavageMan 20 sprint, this race is perfect for beginners or those wanting to race both days without going overboard on the first day!
SavageMan 20/20: A unique new race format consisting of the SavageMan 20 raced back-to-back. Swim 500 meters, do a short beach run then swim 500 again. Then bike – run, back into transition and do the bike – run again.